Voici les différents panneaux du circuit patrimonial Mélusine :

Circuit Patrimonial Mlusine 01 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 02 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 03 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 04 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 05 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 06 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 07 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 08 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 09 menuCircuit Patrimonial Mlusine 10 menu

 

Hôtel de Ville

Circuit Patrimonial Melusine 01

The town hall

hotel 01

The Communal house

Following the foundation of the communes in December 1789, communal houses were established so elected representatives would meet in a specifically intended location.
The first communal house was located opposite the Barse source, in front of the Moulin CORNET (Mill), at the intersection of the Grande Rue, the Rue du Chapon, and the present day Rue Aimé BRENOT.
From 1790 onwards, ‘arbres de la liberté’ (freedom trees) started to flourish all over the country following the French Revolution.
Since there was insufficient ground for one around the communal house, the Baron of Vendeuvre suggested planting it as close as possible, on a plot of land in the park of the château.

hotel 02

The town hall

In 1853, the first communal house was sold, which helped to finance the purchase of a building that would become the new town hall on the Place du Calvaire, its current location.

hotel 03

The iron battalion

The exclusion of the Aube region from the delineation of the Champagne appellation vineyards triggered the wrath of the Aube winegrowers. Gaston CHEQ organised a protest march in Bar-sur-Aube. The so-called iron battalion headed for the Prefecture, pausing in front of the Vendeuvre Town Hall on 8 April 1911, and proceeding on to Troyes the following day.
It was only in 1927 that the vineyards of the Aube region, particularly the Côte des Bar, were to join the Champagne appellation.

hotel 04

The war memorial

The war memorial replaced the freedom tree and was unveiled on 24 September 1922.

hotel 05

13 and 14 July 1940

Bombing of Vendeuvre.

hotel 06

The square

The square took on its existing appearance in the late 1940s when the construction of the bandstand made it a place for gatherings and festivities.

hotel 07

General DE GAULLE

General DE GAULLE, the President of the French Republic, visited Vendeuvre during an official visit of the Aube en Champagne Department in 1963.

Paramétrages de cookies

×

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Contenus interactifs

Ce site utilise des composants tiers, tels que NotAllowedScript63d521d58c3c0ReCAPTCHA, Google Maps, MailChimp ou Calameo, qui peuvent déposer des cookies sur votre machine. Si vous décider de bloquer un composant, le contenu ne s’affichera pas

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.